Monday, June 2, 2014

moving forward:

For these past couple of weeks, Charles and I have been looking into buying a new home. We got pre-approved and everything, but now we have to figure out a plan on how we're going to handle having two mortgages for a few months. I told Charles that we should rent it out our current home for 6 months or until we find buyers, but he is iffy about it all. We still want to remodel the second bathroom and put hardwood floors in a few rooms, but it all comes down to what profit we'll make at the end of the day doing all this work.

Plus, if we do get serious about renting...how the heck are does one go about doing so? There's so many rules and regulations, plus the fact that our home could be burned to the ground by careless renters. Heaven forbid that actually happens!

Anyways, I guess I'll be doing research on this until we figure out what we want to do. I'm feeling extra blessed lately with all the good things happening around here. We've gotten so far for being so young and I have my husband to thank for it all. He can be obnoxious and a little loco in the cabeza sometimes, but he has so much fight and determination. He never settles for less and I think that's why we are where we're at right now. He makes me want to better myself and get serious about what I want to do in the future after raising Liam and IF we have any other children. If something were to happen to Charles (I pray that nothing ever does!), I want the satisfaction of knowing that I can still take care of our kids no matter what and not have to depend on anybody else.

First, I just have to figure out what I even want to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment