It's crazy that a year ago my son was just getting the hang of crawling and now he's pushing the dining room chair against the cabinets just to climb onto it so he can see what I'm chopping up for dinner that night. Where did the time go and how did he learn so much in such a small amount of time?
He's too dang smart for his own good sometimes and it terrifies me when he disappears for more than a few minutes. He is such a daredevil already! Either, he's climbing onto the toilet, then to the bathroom counter so he can turn on the sink that'd way Snuggles, our cat, can lick the water from it or he's using his old walker as a steep stool to climb onto the pool table. I have this pained look on my face just thinking about all the incidents we've had already. Lol!
I love him to pieces, but he's been making me feel like a old lady lately! I wish I could transfer some of his energy to me on some days. I seriously need to start working out and eating better! If I can't physically keep up with my one and a half year old then something is DEFINITELY wrong with me. Haha D;
OK, well this part of the blog post is mainly for me. I've decided to write down new things my son has recently learned, so anytime I feel like reminiscing I can come back here and read about it! That's the whole point of blogging, right? ;)
1. He knows what fire is and that it's hot. Thankfully, he didn't actually touch the flames of the candle we had burning, but the heat was enough for him to never want to touch another candle again. He even attempts to blow it out! Haha
2. He knows where his nose, eyes, ears, mouth and tongue is! :D He may not be able to speak actual words, but he sure as hell knows what they mean! This one truly excites me!
3. He goes all out when he throws a temper tantrum. He will throw himself head first into any wall in sight. SERIOUSLY...he's freaking nuts. Then he'll run away from me, throw himself onto the floor and fall backwards screaming his lungs off. WTH! Is that even normal?! I swear he usually a really sweet baby 80% of the time. Lol
4. He loves animals! He calls Snuggles as soon as he wakes up. "Kitttt, kitt, kitt" is now my alarm clock in the mornings.
5. He can say I love you, but it sounds like, "Ahy uhhh oow". :) It's adorable.
6. He still loves to dance! He even knows how to dance to each song. When a slow song comes on, he gets into this freaky trance and starts swaying back and forth with his eyes close. LMAO! I need to capture this on camera......which brings me to number 7!
7. HE HATES CAMERAS. He hates being recorded, taken a picture of and just sitting still for more than a few seconds. I swear it's so difficult trying to take any photos of him! I see all the kids on Instagram and Facebook looking cute as hell posing for pictures while my son is running away from me saying "Cheeeezzz".
8. He knows how to fist bump! Cutest thing ever! Along with blowing kisses and waving "bye bye" to daddy in the morning when he's leaving for work. :)
Ok, ok. I think that's enough! I can go on forever, but I want to remember these moments the most. This is the reason I love blogging. I wish I did it more often, but I'm still happy I even do it at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment