Saturday, December 7, 2013

lessons learned:

* I posted this earlier and felt the need to post it here, for all the people who aren't friends with me on Facebook. *

Two things I learned after having a family of my own:

1. I have always been uncomfortable with my body. That's a given for most ladies, of course. Most of you don't know this, but I was bullied a lot growing up. Girls use to tease me, calling me fat and that my hair or clothes were ugly, so as you can see that's where all the insecurity came from. When I first met Charles, my face was barely recovering from the horrible acne I use to have. I can remember a time when I didn't want to hangout with him, because I didn't want him to see my most recent breakout. Crazy, right? After a few months, I began to feel more comfortable with him...maybe because he use to tell me rain or shine how beautiful I was everyday. He slowly built my self-esteem by those three simple words. "You are beautiful." During my pregnancy I was so worried about losing my body completely. Having a baby can put a major toll on woman, if you don't already know. Around 7 months I began to get dark stretchmarks all along my belly and inner thighs. I cried and cried, because I knew these marks would never fade away. After Liam was born I searched everywhere for fade cream and to make this story a little short: they are still very much there today. Sometime in October, I remember staring at Liam while he slept, then I turned to the mirror and took a long, hard look at myself. For once in my life I actually thought to myself "I am beautiful..". I am an artist who created her masterpiece. Today, I can say with complete and total honestly, that I love myself. I love my body, but most of all I love who I am. A mother and a wife. For those of you, man or woman; I don't care what anybody says, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is having a honest, loving and humble heart/mind/soul. #stopbullying #raiseyourkidsright

2. Since I no longer work and we have a baby to provide for, buying the newest, greatest thing has become last on our to-do list. As of right now, the only things on said list are: groceries, dog food, cat food...oh, and few cute baby clothes for Liam. I'm not saying we don't want nice things. It's just our mindset has changed from "I" to us. The world has become so materialistic that people/companies are ruining Thanksgivings for a "good deal". It's a shame, because Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! I love spending time with my family and stuffing my face with a crap ton of food. You don't have to have the most presents under the tree this year. Family/friends or both, as long as you have someone, that's all you need during the holidays.


There are so many other things I can go on about, but it's midnight and I'm exhausted! Sweet dreams, folks.


photos from the cell:

No comments:

Post a Comment