Monday, December 30, 2013

oh, twenty-thirteen:

Facts about the past year I've had:

1. I had a baby! He is the funniest, most beautiful, perfect little boy in the whole entire world. He was born May 15th and since then he has completely changed my life. I didn't know my heart was capable of loving someone so greatly. Even as he lays next to me asleep, I miss him. 19 hours of excruciating pain was totally worth it! Love you, Liam.

2. Charles and I have been married for two years now! We've been together for about 5 years and honestly it seems like a lifetime. We've had our ups and downs like any other couple, but we've never had a break-up. Since Liam, our relationship has only grown stronger. Yes, he still drives me crazy and on occasion I say few bad words, but I still love him. Plus, I made a promise that I plan on keeping forever and always.

3. I quit my job and now I'm a stay at home mama. Sounds pretty cool, huh? Well if I'm not chasing after Liam, I'm cleaning or running errands. Honestly, my job before Liam was 100 times easier. I admire those who work and still find time to take care of their family without pulling their hair out. I'm grateful my husband works so hard that I'm able to stay home and watch Liam grow. I wish more mothers had the opportunity, because they grow up so fast.

4. We adopted a puppy! His name is Wylie Coyote and aside from the fact that he's the most stubborn pup I've met, he is also the cutest.

5. I've read a total of 27 books this year. The one I favored most was Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk. He has always been an inspirational writer to me. One of my top 3 favorites, actually. I like books that make me cry, and books that make me laugh, and also books that teach me new words and that are written intelligently. He definitely hit every marker with this one.

6. I've been exclusively breasting my son for 7 1/2 months now. Insane! My goal keeps changing from 6 months to a year to now 2 years. There's so many benefits to breastfeeding, I wish other mothers had the willpower to do it.

7. It's been a little over a year since my friend, Jesse, passed away. I miss him so much my heart stings and I feel like I can't breath. He is the second person I've lost whose had real significance to me. I understand that people die and nobody lives forever, but why must it be the one of the worst feelings in the world when they do?

8. I've come on peace with myself. I told myself to shut the hell up and appreciate the more important things life has to offer. There are some days I still feel like a total wreck and I'm sure I look like one, but I know who I am. My only resolution for 2014 is to continue my journey of bettering myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment