Saturday, September 14, 2013

our yard:

Since Charles has been working non-stop, we completely brushed off any attention to our already not-so-lovely lawn. I mean, I would mow and edge it all myself but I can't leave Liam inside alone, ya know? Fortunately, I had my mother come over yesterday to watch him while I mowed before Charles came home. I didn't do a beautiful job, with almost blowing our riding mower up because we had a forest out front! BUT, it was way better than having a field of tall grass in our yard. ;) I just ran through it real quick and racked up piles of weeds. I had to cut it short though because Liam was getting hungry and missing mommy!

Today, Charles had the day off so he decided to finish the job for me. He woke up a 7 am, even though he said he was going to sleep-in the night before, and went straight to work on the yard (I'm pretty sure our neighbors thoroughly enjoyed their wake up call). I'm glad he started so early because he finished around 10:30 and came inside for a late breakfast.

After breakfast I went outside to check out our yard and OH-EM-GEE! A complete transformation. He cut down tree limbs, dead bushes, edged, mowed, racked and cleaned up. I was impressed and ecstatic that our house was no longer an eye sore on the block. Gotta love my hard-working husband!


No comments:

Post a Comment