Tuesday, September 24, 2013

perfect pork chops:

I winged it when it came to making these super tender and delicious pork chops!

I remember hearing on Food Network that using the stove top and oven to cook your pork chops doesn't dry them out as would just using the stove top only. So I figured I'd try it out. At first I was hesitant to use both the stove top and oven, but it was actually extremely easy! Prep and cook time was about 35 minutes all together. So it was super easy and have the time I'm sitting on the couch waiting til the oven timer goes off!

The seasoning I made was just a few ingredients I had in the spice cabinet. You can use whatever you please. You can even make some gravy or sauce to top on the pork chops! I might just do that next time.

For the sides, I made white rice with butter, salt and pepper and mixed vegetables(squash, zucchini, mushrooms and onions).

Ingredients:
4 boneless pork chops, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic salt, 1 tbsp crushed pepper, 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp of butter, salt and pepper if desired

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat pork chops in olive oil and spread seasoning on each side evenly. Then heat 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter in a skillet. Start browning your pork chops. About 3 minutes on one side, then 1 minute on the other. Turn off stove and place pork chops in a non-stick pan and into the oven. Let it cook for about 10-12 minutes. Take out of the oven and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment