Sunday, October 27, 2013

catching up:

Since Liam breastfeeds, it makes it difficult to go out for a long period of time. Honestly, I have been a little terrified of breastfeeding in public. Not because I'm scared of someone saying something, but more for the fact that I don't want to expose myself.
Tuesday though, a friend of mine asked me to join her and a few other moms to Moody Gardens. I was worried the way up there that Liam would get extremely fussy because he would have to eat from a bottle. He hates bottlefeeding!
Luckily, I was surrounded by mothers who breastfeed as well. That definitely boosted my confidence! After walking around for a couple of hours, Liam started to get restless. So I stopped by a bench and started breastfeeding him! I was so completely comfortable. I, of course, was discreet about it. Not intentionally, but I had worn a v-neck and my nursing bra, so it was easy access! Haha.
I am still a little fearful to do it again, but I have to remember that all I'm doing is feeding my baby. I shouldn't have to worry about what others think or how I look. I mean, really. It's not that big of deal if you think about it. I see half naked woman all day long on Facebook, the beach, and even the mall. (Seriously, cannot believe the shit woman wear these days.)
Anyways, it was a ton of fun and a great experience. I think we are going to the Zoo next with my husband. :)

Excuse my appearance in this picture! Haha.
The rest of the week was boring, really. I cleaned and watched the entire second season of American Horror Story: The Asylum. It was freaking awesome. That show is scary as hell, but it ALWAYS has the best story line. Now I'm in the third season, The Coven, and of course Jessica Lange is still a bad-ass.

Friday, I went to grand opening of Sephora in our kinda sorta cool mall. Haha, it has definitely improved! I was like 30 minutes late and it was still packed! Who knew that many ladies wanted a free $5 gift card that bad!
I headed home after doing some shopping with my little sister and to my surprise, my husband was home from work. :) God, I love that man. We got ready for a trip to the Pumpkin Patch! The weather wasn't all that beautiful, but the sun did peek through the clouds enough to take decent pictures.



Saturday, my aunt Lili came over and we ate ribs, baked beans and mac-n-cheese. I love it when Charles BBQ's. We sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine and cool breeze. We all talked for hours about life. It has truly been the roughest year. An enjoyable one, but also a tough one. I think Charles really needed it. We lost a good friend, had a baby and recently my family has been a bit crazy. 
Either way, it was filled with plenty of life lessons and I'm glad we are growing up. I hate the word Maturity. I think everyone should always be a kid at heart.


Today, we stayed in and I actually had a THREE hour nap with Liam. Charles stayed in the living room watching TV and every now and then came to check up on us. He woke me up once just to tell me how beautiful Liam and I were sleeping.
I don't care what anyone else thinks or says. Charles may seem like an asshole around everyone else, but he is the sweetest guy in the world to me and his son. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment